- Date : 2 April to 15 April 2019
- Venue : Hotel Temasek, Jalan D’Alberque, Melaka
- Volunteer Registration Period : 1 February until 15 February 2019
- Any Inquiries : Secretariat (06-2343634) or Mr. Dhanesh Basil (012-2507068)
- Social Media : worldcupkabaddi2019 (facebook page)
- Kabaddi is a sport so basic that it needs no equipment or special skills to start playing. It takes just 30 minutes for anyone to learn how to play the game although mastering it takes a lifetime.
- The game originated some 4,000 years ago in India and is played in Malaysia in various forms for more than a century.
- Locally the game is more commonly known as Sadu Gudu and variations of the game includes Main Acah ang Galah Panjang.
- The Game commonly played any flat surface including field and clay courts. Internationally the game is now played on EVA foam mats.
- Kabaddi was a demonstration sport at 1936 Berlin Olympics and was also introduced as a demonstration sport at the 2003 Afro Asian Games.
- It has been a medal sport at the Asian Games since 1990 and has been included in the Asian Indoor Games and the Asian Beach Games
THE WORLD CUP
- The inaugural World Cup under the auspices of the World Kabaddi and hosted by the Malaysia Kabaddi Federation (MKF) will be the biggest kabaddi extravaganza in the world
- With 32 men’s team and 24 women’s team competing for the titles, the World Cup is the epitome of kabaddi competitions.
- Malaysia has never hosted a tournament of this magnitude before this. It will be Melaka’s first major kabaddi competition.
- The MKF have hosted the International Inter City Kabaddi Challenge in Kuala Lumpur yearly since 2008 and also the inaugural International Kabaddi Challenge six countries in Johor Bahru in June 2018